Spring is in the air! Ever since the time change, it’s been nothing short of beautiful weather and a consistent 80 degrees here in LA. It’s time to swap out the parkas for the lighter jackets and the dark colors for the spring whites and florals. In honor of welcoming spring, here are my top 5 spring staples.
1. OTS Anything: As warmer weather approaches, we see more and more shoulder baring tops and dresses. This is a must in my wardrobe! There is something sensual (yet not offensive) about baring your shoulders.
2. That White Dress: You know what I’m talking about. I feel like we all have that go-to white dress that needs no introduction or explaining because it speaks for itself.
3. Spring Florals: Let’s be honest, there are some good ones and bad ones. Spring florals just brighten your outfit and mood and I’m loving that florals are being incorporated into more accessories (bags, shoes, scarves, etc.) these days.
4. Denim Days: Whether it be distressed, studded, personalized, embroidered or borrowed from your dad, a denim jacket is the perfect layering staple for spring.
5. Show Your Stripes: Originally part of the naval sailor’s uniform, stripes have become a staple in fashion. It’s simple, but not too minimalistic and can be paired with lighter fabric during the spring.
As you can see, I’ve incorporated 2/5 spring staples here. Happy spring everyone!