Happy 2017! I hope you had a blast ringing in the new year. Every year we make goals and resolutions. I wanted mine to be simple and practical this year because it’s the little habits and changes that produce great results. Here are my top 5 simplified goals and resolutions.
1. Practice gratitude-Not only in the big things like a new job or promotion (although I am getting both this year), but being thankful in the small things like having arms and legs and a car that works and clean air and water.
2. Eat less sugar- Working out and eating right are not making it on the list this year, because I’ve been doing that consistently for the past year. Eating sugar? That’s a different story. Sugar is only good for your tastebuds. I’m not saying don’t have any and cut it out completely, but I find myself addicted to it at times. If I’m craving sugar, I want to eat healthy sugars in fruits and veggies, other than refined white sugar.
3. Practice neatness- I’m only a neat person when I want to be. I can’t stand dishes in the sink, dirty laundry in the hamper and water on the counter, but the bedroom can be littered with clothes for days. I want to practice neatness in all areas of my life because neatness gives you clarity and reduces anxiety.
4. Practice preparation- I’ve had many sleepless nights trying to edit all my photos for the blog. If I had prepared the all photos for the week in advance, I could have had a lot more hours of sleep in 2016. Same goes for my singing. There was one particular performance in 2016 that hindered me from singing with confidence because of my lack of preparation. I feel like preparation is the key to success.
5. Save Time- Time is money. The older I get, the less time I seem to have. I found myself browsing the web and wasting my time at the mall way too much in 2016. If I do those things, I want it to be for specific reasons and not because I’m bored. I’m also learning to invest in myself to save time. It used to take me an hour to straighten my super curly, frizzy hair so I paid $200 and got a Magic Straight perm. Now it takes me 10 minutes to blow dry my hair. I’m also looking into permanent makeup because I’d rather pay $XXX amount and put my time to better use.
I want to know your resolutions and goals for 2017! Please feel free to share them below!