So, I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ah and be in NY for NYFW! I mean, I could just go right? No one’s stopping me, but it would really be nice to be invited one day, lol. Since I’m on the opposite coast of NY, I’m going to share a few edgy NYFW inspired posts this week cuz I’m a Wannabe! Spice Girls anyone? I’ll also be sharing 6 tips on how to pose like a blogger!
1. Hands on Hips: So basic and classic. It gives you the illusion that you have a smaller waist and it’s seriously fierce when you commit to a strong stance and facials!
Wait wait wait, before I continue to tip number 2, how amazing is this jumpsuit?! I love everything from the design to the color to the cut out and fit. This is one of the most amazing suits that really felt tailor maid to my body. If there was one minor suggestion I could pitch to the designer, it would be to make the hem longer! I like my jumpsuits (and pants) grazing the floor.
2. Dos Manos, Por Favor: I often find myself not knowing what to do with my hands when shooting. Since I’m a super awkward cookie (?) to begin with, I had to figure out ways to pose with my hands in a natural way. I slipped one hand into my pocket and casually combed/played with my hair.
3. Cross It: Although it can make you look like a stern teacher or a mother disciplining her children, crossing your arms simplifies the photo and draws your eye right into the outfit. #nononsense
4.Will you play with my hair?: Do you remember asking your friends to play with your hair when you were little?! I do! I just feels so good when someone is playing/massaging your hair. So I’ve incorporated that into my photos as well! JK, it just gives your free hand something to do.
5. Pop and Tilt: Pop one hip and tilt your head up. I think this is my #1 go-to pose because I know it works for me 1000%. Find a pose that you are comfortable using no matter what outfit you’re wearing. You’ll save a lot of time and energy!
6. Double Dip: I love posing with my hands in my pockets because it finds them a temporary home for 30 seconds to a minute. It’s also one of the most classic poses out there. Simple and to the point.
So there it is folks. I hope you can utilize some of these poses on your next shoot!
Jumpsuit: La Petite Robe di Chiara Boni (sold out), similar here
Follow me on Instagram @pipesnbuttons